Duration: 4 hours
Description: Can’t tell your NVQs from your QCF? Unsure what competence is and why everyone in vocational qualifications (VQs) gets so worked up about it?
This session helps you get beyond the acronyms, buzzwords and jargon. It looks back to key developments in the VQ system and explains why they came about – the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches, both in the UK and internationally. It also critically evaluates current policy initiatives, providing insight for professionals in this fast-changing area. This programme has proved effective as induction for new staff joining an awarding organisation.
- how vocational qualifications differ from academic qualifications
- the anatomy of vocational qualifications
- different types of vocational qualifications
- role of NOSS
- competency based education and training
- international comparisons of vocational education and training systems
- the impact of vocational qualifications and current policy
- the vocational assessment tool box.
Typical Task – consideration of how current policy will impact on your vocational qualifications.