Duration: 5 hours
Description: Marking of constructed response questions is a key factor in ensuring your assessments are reliable and therefore valid. Are you following best practice?
‘Constructed response’ questions – i.e. those where candidates write their own answers – are considered essential in many UK assessments.
This programme deals with many facets of marking relevant for high quality assessment.
- how to design and test reliable mark schemes
- how to undertake marker recruitment and training
- marking standardisation
- monitoring markers during the marking period (either using conventional techniques or on-screen marking tools)
- evaluating the quality of marking using reliability analyses
- selecting and deploying on-screen marking technologies
Typical Task – consideration of how quality improvements can be introduced into your marking process.